Some important changes have been made to the rules regarding the way images are entered in the monthly competions
Starting in January 2017 there will be a monthly Monochrome competition with entries being presented simultaneously with the regular monthly competition images.
The rules of the competition will be as follows:-
- The images will be submitted as PDIs only. One entry per person per month. The PDIs must be labelled as M_Title_Membership Number. They can be submitted together with the other PDIs entered in the regular monthly competition. The Digital Coordinator will assign them to the various categories for the judging.
- The images will be judged by the monthly judge in addition to the regular judging of the various themed competitions.
- There will be no Grade restriction, i.e. the monochrome images will be entered into a single competition incorporating A, AB and B Grades.
- Each month there will be three winning images – 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Points will be awarded to the winning images as follows – 1st – 3 points, 2nd – 2 points, 3rd – 1 point.
- There will be nine monthly monochrome competitions corresponding with the themed competitions. No monochrome competition for the End of Year competition.
- Aggregate points for the nine competitions will be calculated and trophies awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall winners at the Club Presentation night at the end of the year.
- There is absolutely no restriction on the subject for each month’s entry. Any topic / category / subject can be entered each and every month.
- The same prevention of repeated submission rules will apply to the Monochrome competition as for the Set and Open competitions, i.e. if an image has won an award, in this case a placing, it may not be used again in any further Monochrome competitions but can be used in the End of Year competition.
RESUMISSION RULES FOR MONTHLY COMPETITIONS
There have been some changes in the eligibility of entries in the monthly competitions. These have been introduced so as to prevent the repeated entry of a single image should it have proved successful in previous monthly competitions.
As of January 2017 the following guidelines will apply:-
- Any image which has been awarded a Merit or an Honour will no longer be allowed to be submitted in future competitions, except that…
- Any image can be submitted in the End of Year competition.
- no matter if it was an award winner or not,
- it can be an entirely new image.
- Changing the name of an image is taboo and any image must always be presented under the same name as when originally submitted.
- Any image which does not win a Merit or an Honour will be eligible for resubmission but never in the same category into which it was previously entered. Potentially a single image can be entered in Set Print, Open Print, Set PDI and Open PDI. Once it has been entered in all four it can never again be entered in a monthly competition.
- The same rules will apply to the Monochrome competition. Any monochrome image which has won a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in a monthly competition can never be submitted in further Monochrome competitions. However, it may be submitted in the End of Year competition.
A maximum of four images is allowed per month in the regular monthly competitions – 2 (two) in Prints and 2 (two) in PDI.
The two images in each of Print and PDI can be either 2 Set, 1 Set 1 Open or 2 Open.
1 (one) PDI image per month will be allowed in the Monochrome Competition.
Colour or Monochrome images can be used in the regular monthly competitions and these have no bearing on the Monochrome Competition entries other than being subject to the resubmission rules.
The rules about resubmission should be noted – see Resubmission Rules.